What is sustainability?
- Sustainability is about respecting ecological limits and natural resource constraints
- It is about the health and wellbeing of people and encouraging prosperity for the future
- Sustainability is about the environment, “being green” and much more..
- Sustainability is about the interdependencies of social, economic and environmental factors and ensuring that all are appropriately considered in our decision making and the actions we take
- Sustainability acknowledges and responds to change - it promotes resilience, adaptation, diversity and confidence
- Sustainability also prompts us to consider how our local actions impact more widely at a regional, state, national and global level and vice versa
- Sustainability is a shared responsibility between all levels of government, organisations, businesses and the community.