What is sustainability?
- Sustainability is about respecting ecological limits and natural resource constraints
- It is about the health and wellbeing of people and encouraging prosperity for the future
- Sustainability is about the environment, “being green” and much more..
- Sustainability is about the interdependencies of social, economic and environmental factors and ensuring that all are appropriately considered in our decision making and the actions we take
- Sustainability acknowledges and responds to change - it promotes resilience, adaptation, diversity and confidence
- Sustainability also prompts us to consider how our local actions impact more widely at a regional, state, national and global level and vice versa
- Sustainability is a shared responsibility between all levels of government, organisations, businesses and the community.
The Sustainable Living Guide is designed to help people take action to live more sustainably at home and in the community. The guide is packed with ideas and tips about how small, simple changes can have positive impacts on the environment, community health and wellbeing and save money too. Users can sign up to develop a personal action plan to reduce their ecological footprint.